Here at That Fish Place – That Pet Place – we always try to assist local rescues and pet organizations whenever we can. I have personally been on the forefront of this for the last few months in my position as the Local Community and Events Coordinator. There are a lot of rescues in and around Lancaster County. As a pet lover, chances are you are either involved with a rescue or you may know someone who is.
Promoting a rescue or other non-profits can be expensive – but it doesn’t have to be. There are many national event posting sites, as well as local Lancaster, Pennsylvania sites. Not from Lancaster Pennsylvania? Do a quick Google search using the keywords “Event posting sites” and your current location. It’s that easy! Below are 6 FREE ways that I have found to promote your rescues events online.
- In order to promote an event on Yelp, you must first sign up as a business. Signing up for Yelp is absolutely free. Once you are signed up, you can add an event by simply clicking on the events tab and inputting the information. The advantage to using this site is that you can search for an event by category and locale. The other added bonus is that you can get feedback regarding your event if an attendee submits a review. This can help you plan future events.
- Eventful is another site that is 100% free. You can create an account, or log in with your existing Facebook. Once you have added your event, you can add imagery. The added bonus by using Eventful is that each event can be tagged to up to three categories. The more categories selected, the more your event will populate when people search the website.
- Event Brite is a great site to use if you like to keep track of how many people plan to attend your event. There is no charge for selling free tickets on Event Brite. Simply create an account, and add your event. You can use Event Brite for paid admission as well, with the option of deducting the transaction fee from each ticket or adding the fee to each ticket. The event is still free to post, and any transaction fee will get applied before deposit to your PayPal account. Attendees can use any major credit card. Event Brite would be a huge benefit to your large scale event.
Pennlive.com (Central PA)
- Pennlive is an online distribution of the Patriot News, which is directed to Central Pa. Adding an event is simple and you do not have to create an account to do so. You can also link a previously posted event from another site (like Facebook) by adding the additional URL to your event submission.
360lancaster.com (Lancaster PA)
- 360lancaster is another great event source. The process of entering the event is simple with your audience retaining to Lancaster County. Would you like to expand your audience? Check out 360York. The added bonus to this page, there is a Lancaster Nonprofit organization category. Thus making your event highlighted in one easy click.
Susquehannalife.com (Central PA)
- Susquehanna Life makes it really easy to submit an event. Simply create an account or log in with one of four existing social accounts (Facebook, Google, Yahoo, or Windows live). The reach for your event is throughout Central Pa and Susquehanna. Event postings are free, and their customer service is amazing.
With all of these sources at your fingertips, why not take advantage? Our generations X ways are the things of yesterday. It is time to move it on up to the digital era. Personally, I could do without all of the paper cuts.
If you would like to know more about posting your event on any of these sites or if you have any questions about promoting your rescue please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!