In honor of National Walk Your Dog Week we have put together a list of 5 free apps to help keep you and your pup on a walking schedule.
Brought to you by Subaru. Dog tested. Dog approved.™
- Calorie tracking can also help with your personal fitness goals.
- Tracks and measures time, distance, pace, speed and elevation
- Synchronizes with MapMyWalk.com
- GPS tracking that allows you to view your location and where you have traveled
- Tweet your walk data to your followers
- Ability to select and control your music while the app is running
- Photo Geo-tagging automatically uploads photos taken during your walk to MapMyWalk.com
Dog Walk – Track Your Dog’s Walks!
- Shows you the exact duration and distance of your walk and you current position on the map
- Track where your dog is doing its business
- Take pictures along your walk while the app keeps tracking
- Apple Watch compatible
By WoofTrax, Inc.
- Don’t just take your dog for a walk … Take your Walk for a Dog
- This app donates to the animal shelter or rescue of your choice every time you take your dog for a walk
- The amount donated varies depending on how many people are walking for the same organization
By Kentshire Software, LLC
- Use your phones GPS to track the route, duration and date/time of your walks
- Record the location of when and where your dog is taking care of business
- Record feeding and set up feeding notifications
- Share your favorite route with your fallowers on Facebook and twitter
- This app can notify your pooch’s other caretakers when records are made so everyone can stay up to date
By Cooply Apps
- GPS track your walk route, time and distance
- Connect and compete with friends and family
- Integrates with social media for easy sharing
Walking your dog regularly is great for your dog and you! Regular walks can help you get in shape or stay fit check out this blog post, Walking the Dog – How Exercising with Your Pets Can Motivate You to Stay Fit, for some tips on getting started.